Rear Gear oil recomended??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there has been a lot of debate about the brand and type to use....some have said to use the Ford brand additive...some say the Gm..lol..but i have just been using the stuff that auto zone and advance sells...Ive never had a problem with it....all it is...is clutch conditioner. Truth be told if you have a locker...it doesnt have clutches like a posi or limited slip...but like i said..i would rather be safe than sorry.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The additive is just "friction modifier". You only need to use it on limited slip differentials with clutch packs. The G80 uses a cam to lock the axles together (no fricken modifier required).
Friction modifier is available from your local GM dealer, the blue oval store has it too.
Good luck.

Thanks I do believe thats what I have, been so long cant remember till I pull of the cover.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there has been a lot of debate about the brand and type to use....some have said to use the Ford brand additive...some say the Gm..lol..but i have just been using the stuff that auto zone and advance sells...Ive never had a problem with it....all it is...is clutch conditioner. Truth be told if you have a locker...it doesnt have clutches like a posi or limited slip...but like i said..i would rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks for your help as well, I guess I will use the recomended lube along with the additive just in case. I will do some further reading before I do it.