Realift basic questions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, im planning on lifting my tahoe either this summer/fall or next, but i saw thee realift TB re locators and was wondering if anyone had experience with them.

I want a 4 or 6 rcx lift and well i hate the look of the torsion bars dropped imo. So i was wondering if
A.) You do/dont need to modify the TB bracket and how it works with dropping the trans skid plate.
B.)how durable are they?

Thanks for looking guys

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Check out southernprides build thread, hes running the realift relocaters and explains everything needed done

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know southernpride did them and had to modify his transmission x-member. others on here have used them and told me all they had to do was move the tb x-member back about 4 inches and didnt touch the transmission x-member.

I have them sitting in my garage waiting to go on, I Just dont want to get into it and find i need to modify the trans x-member because i am really not up to that.

Hopefully now the southern is back on the forum he will post and say wether or not he HAD to modify the transmission x-member or he CHOOSE to.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had them for over 2 years and 25k miles..they have a lifetime warranty if I remember correctly..the only mod I had to do was moving the crossmember back a few inches and drilling new holes.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the way i understand it, is it depends on the size/style of lift you have, whether or not you need to modify the cross member. either way the cross member needs to be moved back. i would really like to see some pics of them installed, and the clearance between the new cross member location and the exhaust. I'm looking into putting them on my truck as well, but would like to maybe see a "how-to" first

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes sir you where the one who told me you didnt have to do much to get them in. Did ya ever get pics of under the truck of them? transmission crossmember clearence.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had a set sitting in my garage since I put my lift on last summer. Couldn't get my torsion bars out. Been spraying them with panther piss every few weeks since. Hoping to try again in a few months.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First, get the 6" RCX kit... You'll thank yourself. Second, there aren't any modifications to the trans x-member necessary to install the Realift's if you use them in conjuction with an RCX kit. All you have to do is move the torsion bar x-member back ~4" or so and you're good to go. Third, do a shackle flip in the rear w/ an AAL instead of a lift block. Again, you'll thank yourself. And fourth, get some good shocks instead of using the shocks that RC supplies with their kit (i.e. Bilstein 1500's).

All of this listed above is how I would do my suspension lift if I were doing it over again. Cheers.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First, get the 6" RCX kit... You'll thank yourself. Second, there aren't any modifications to the trans x-member necessary to install the Realift's if you use them in conjuction with an RCX kit. All you have to do is move the torsion bar x-member back ~4" or so and you're good to go. Third, do a shackle flip in the rear w/ an AAL instead of a lift block. Again, you'll thank yourself. And fourth, get some good shocks instead of using the shocks that RC supplies with their kit (i.e. Bilstein 1500's).

All of this listed above is how I would do my suspension lift if I were doing it over again. Cheers.

I used my Realift relocators with the RCX 6" kit....I agree the shocks are junk...I have replaced all of my shock bushings with energy bushings. I will see if I can snap a few pics of mine..the weather here hasnt been cooperative.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okok. This is very helpful. I hope to see if someome could have either done a how to or pictures to get an idea.