RCX lift kit clearance issues. Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Im halfway thought installing my RCX lift in the front. I havent dropped the diff yet but I was looking at it and the exhaust pipe is in the way of the driveshaft. Am i suppose to drop i below or cut my exhaust? Im lost. Please help :(

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Gotta cut it. I had to re route mine down the driver side of the truck.

Sent from my ragged out Z71

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just leave the driveshaft out until you can get the exhaust rerouted...

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a good exhaust shop route mine above the driveshaft, my buddies is down the drivers side then over the top of the T-Case. I like how his is over the case, you're able to pull the tranny and t-case without messing with the exhaust but you can't really have cats that way...

EDIT: to answer your question, yes you must have the exhaust modified. just leave the shaft out and take it with you to the exhaust shop... Driving without the shaft it ok, nothing will happen. plus you can have some 2-low fun until you get it in.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines above the shaft too. If I hadn't of just had my exhaust redone the year before I'd have give down an over the t-case like your saying. I think that is better, mine looks kinda restrictive now with all those bends...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Mines above the shaft, but I really like that idea of it running down and over the back of the case!!! One day I may have to to that.