RC Spindle and Brake Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
What's up folks,

Need some input about RC lift spindles for 2wd trucks and the brake calipers. I recently bought some RC spindles and new brake components to replace the old factory ones on my 95 C1500. I bought some calipers at Napa and did a quick mock up on the spindles with them. I noticed that the lower caliper slider bolt sticks through the spindle about a 1/4 inch. Has anyone that has installed RC spindles noticed this too and will it affect or interfere with anything when the spindles, calipers and rotors are mounted on the truck? Also I noticed when I put the spindle right side up the tie rod mounting location was slanted. Is it supposed to be that way?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
Nvm about the tie rod mount. I just saw pics of another set of spindles mounted and saw that they are indeed supposed to be that way. Just wondering about the caliper slider bolt.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I know for a fact I didn't even check mine. And unfortunately it not an easy thing to check. I'd say as long as long as there's no issues with it rubbing the rotor and the caliper slides easily and isn't binding up then roll with it. Are both like that, or just one?

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
Sorry its taken so long to reply. Stupid crap has just been popping up and complicating my life lately. I got the other caliper recently and it sticks through the same as the other one that's in the pic above. I won't know sure until I install the spindles which should be within the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the reply Hunter.