Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a paint code in my 97 of WE9018. Definitely a custom ordered color for one of these trucks that year!

You must be registered for see images attach

WA9018 is Radar Blue, which is a somewhat rare color. I believe @sewlow has a '97 with it. Found a post of his with some pictures, click "expand" below the quote and then "view attachment xxxxx" to see them.

I believe this color is called 'Radar Blue'. One year only. '97. Seems to change color in different light or angles.
The first two pix are from different angles of the truck in the same spot.

You can tell the truck really needs a good waxing in this one ^^^.

Not the best focus. (Damn iphones!) This one was taken about an hour after the first two, as the sun was starting to go down.
May not be as dark a bue as you're looking for, but the wife might like it. Could be an option for you.

Whatever that purple is on your truck, it's definitely not radar blue, or any factory color for that matter.

Reaction score
WA9018 is Radar Blue, which is a somewhat rare color. I believe @sewlow has a '97 with it. Found a post of his with some pictures, click "expand" below the quote and then "view attachment xxxxx" to see them.

Whatever that purple is on your truck, it's definitely not radar blue, or any factory color for that matter.

Its absolutely factory and a variance of radar blue...

Reaction score
I've pulled most of this truck apart at one time or another and the paint is consistent throughout ever nook and cranny. It's never been painted, my jobber who mixes my paints researched it and confirmed it was factory, just a weird heavy pearl version of radar blue.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How did he confirm that exactly? Have you owned the truck since it was new?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that's a new one for me! I'd say it's a rare one if I'm immediately convinced it's not factory at first sight. I didn't even know you could order colors outside of what was in the sales literature. None of my brochures or flyers from '97 have anything that looks even remotely like that.

Reaction score
How did he confirm that exactly? Have you owned the truck since it was new?
He talked to an old friend who still works for GM and I'm the third owner, first being my brother in laws dad, second my brother in law and then me. It's factory. Ordered from right here in Nampa Idaho. No one took the rear seat mounts out to spray under them. It's that color everywhere, under everything..

Reaction score
Well that's a new one for me! I'd say it's a rare one if I'm immediately convinced it's not factory at first sight. I didn't even know you could order colors outside of what was in the sales literature. None of my brochures or flyers from '97 have anything that looks even remotely like that.
That's why my paint guy dug so hard, curiosity got the best of him when I asked him to quote me materials to spray it the same color! The best part is, they went to all the trouble to order it, and then got it with manual windows, locks, seats, 305, 28in radiator etc...