Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes my dad preferred the 1995+ mirrors. We had an extra set laying around so he painted them and put them on. The older chrome ones are in a box now haha. And you are correct. The truck is a 1988. 88-89 had the split head lights also.

Very cool, I figured that's what happened. A CompNine VIN lookup on that truck might shed some light on the color combo, plus it's just cool to have a list of included RPOs and their descriptions/rarity on a vehicle that's been in the family that long. Both of my '97s were bought new by my parents and I've done VIN lookups on both, I celebrate their birthdays now. :lol: We've got a member here who will run CompNine lookups for free (they're normally $5) if you're interested.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/vin-decoder.51712/

Ben Barrow

Reaction score
Very cool, I figured that's what happened. A CompNine VIN lookup on that truck might shed some light on the color combo, plus it's just cool to have a list of included RPOs and their descriptions/rarity on a vehicle that's been in the family that long. Both of my '97s were bought new by my parents and I've done VIN lookups on both, I celebrate their birthdays now. :lol: We've got a member here who will run CompNine lookups for free (they're normally $5) if you're interested.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/vin-decoder.51712/
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to check into that tomorrow when I get home

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Sure haven't seen many of those but I did coincidentally happen across a '97 Burb in that same color, just now on CL. Looks like Red Maple Metallic with a two-tone possibly Dark Cherry Metallic middle? And some awful dealer stripe/sticker package.

You must be registered for see images

Hmm, looks like the CL image won't directly display so here's the ad: https://easttexas.craigslist.org/ctd/d/tyler-1997-chevy-suburban-1500-ls-4wd/7210447818.html

Richard

It's still for sale, and I quite like everything about it except the fact that it's a barn door model, and the price they want for it.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a more recent set of photos of my 94 in dark autumnwood metallic. Ive noticed out of the few others that have this same color in this thread none of them have a solid color scheme. I have no two tone
You must be registered for see images attach
Interesting they had two shades of Autumnwood Metallic. My 97 Express and a 98 or 99 Tahoe my brother had were both Light Autumnwood Metallic. GM also had a pewter color (99 K1500 Burb we parted out) as well as a plain tan. The autumnwood metallic seems to be a fairly rare color. In 97 only about 2000 vans were that color. Also equally rare is GMs dark forest green. Seen a few suburbans, tahoes and vans in the green and they looked sharp.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Is there any factory orange obs colours?

When ordered as a fleet vehicle they would have 01U which is a specialty overide paint color and they are able to choose what ever colors fit their needs even the construction orange.

I know that the 20U(Lt Quasar Blue Met, WA9790) is not too common anymore as I am having a hell of a time finding used fenders in my color lol.

Last edited: