Radiator upgrade input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I went with new Summit Racing (made by Trick Flow) aluminum heads, 1.6 full roller rockers, push rods, Lunati Voodoo cam kit, Edelbrock 3704 intake manifold, bored 46mm TB with VFPR (running at ~28psi), headers, JBL Y-pipe, free flowing Cat, EBL Flash2 ECM, 410:1 rear end, yada-yada-yada, lol. Then I blew my 700r4 so, I got a stage 2 and a 2300-2500 stall converter. Still playing with my TBI!

Nice Peter, sure wish I knew how to do that.
hopw doe sit run, power wise ???
Bobby

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the replacement Mr Goodwrench L05 (350) ran 0-60 in 11.4 secs and 1/4 mile in 23.4 secs (IIRC) I'm still tuning it trying to get MPGs and performance. Last time I checked it's in the low 7s and low 15s (according to my Dakota Digital dash). I'm hoping to get under 7 and 15. Cruises nice and smooth, getting ~13 MPG right now but, that's with a lot of time trials mixed in there as well as cruising @ 80+mph, lol. My goal was to get 1 HP/Cube and still be able to pass emissions here in Maricopa Co. Maybe I can move my mailing address to yours...

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I refreshed my cooling system recently and stuck with oem components. Interestingly, the factory tstat must of been 185 F and when i replaced it with a 195 F tstat that the parts book called for it ran noticeably warmer so I replaced that with a 185 F.

So per the stock temp gage it runs just below the unmarked tick between 100 and 210 degrees, where it has been for the last 19 years.