Radiator Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlarson69

Reaction score
I determined my radiator is leaking between the plastic tank where it crimps to the metal. Would my best bet be to get an OEM ACDelco radiator or have a radiator shop fix mine? I've also seen some all aluminum radiators on Ebay. Anyone ever run one of those?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I bought mine at Pep Boys 6 years ago with a lifetime warranty, haven't needed to replace it yet.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took the chance and got mine on ebay Ive had it for 6 or so year with no problems. I had the smaller radiator and converted to the larger one.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I ordered one for a k3500 6.5 diesel and put in my 98. That thing is HUGE. Got it from Oreilly's. Lifetime warranty. IIRC it was about $220 or so, but its impossible to get the 5.7 over 160°.

What?

Reaction score
Even if there's an issue, it's lifetime warranty. From AZ, O Reilly, Napa, etc.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whichever radiator you chose, get new. Do NOT get it fixed. I tried that a few years back with an s-10 I had, it leaked from the same spot almost immediately. Luckily they took the money I had already paid them and put it toward a new radiator I installed myself. I just had to pay the difference.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Always go new when you have a plastic tank radiator. Any reputable radiator repair shop will tell you to do so.

Metal does not like to be unbent and then re-bent for it will weaken the metal.

And I myself love buying lifetime warrantied parts. Buy it once and forget about it. Worse case is having to take the time to replace it but at least the cost of the part is not your problem anymore.