Radiator... Fix or get new?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Even if they are still connected they may have very high resistance.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I get the 2.25 thick radiator? For some reason its cheaper.
Also, I don't have the oil cooler, can I plug those outlets? All the stores have around here is trans and oil cooler.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Yes you can use a thicker core. Yes you can plug the ports if your truck does not use them.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks

I changed one in a 2000 Tracker before. It was manual and the rad. was for auto. They said it was ok to leave the plastic plugs in it because it wouldn't leak, it was its own seoerate section. Just making sure that the oil cooler was the same way.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be one coming off the passenger side cylinder head at the back that goes to the frame, one that bolts down low on the front of the engine on a threaded boss near where the balancer and the fuel pump boss casting is. IIRC the one on the back of the cylinder head runs through a steel tube down with wires to the starter.

Your ground wires may be corroded.

Ok, I will check them out tomorrow and replace if needed..

Thanks man!

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
around 2 gallons should fill it up.make sure to run it with the cap off defroster on to push out any air in system.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
For me I like going with the largest cooling capacity (radiator thickness) I can find for my vehicles. In the southern states I don't feel that is overkill but good protection. Maybe in Alaska it might be overkill.