question on my 92 k2500 front axel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandon2500

Reaction score
i got a 92 k2500 when i bought it the 4x4 worked awesome now not so much...i can hear it go in from transfer case but no lights or indicators come on and it is definatly not enganging... guy at napa said it could possibly be the electronic actuator/sylenoid figured i would put out some feelers and get some thoughts on this

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I second the thermocupler failing.... and raise you the parts (part numbers) to change it over to the newer style electronic one...
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a write up on here somewhere about it as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I did the upgrade to the electric actuator about three years ago,still works great.The best part of the upgrade is it works quickly,you don't have to wait for the gas actuator to get warm enough to work.I used those parts as in the video Merlin posted.

dans

Reaction score
Mines a 92 also.Easiest thing to check first is the passenger axle popping out of the diff.It's the passenger axle tube diff side not the cv axle .The gap looks like this and the 4x4 light wont come on if it slides out.

You must be registered for see images attach