question about my 285s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new2this

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought my 95 Tahoe 4x4 stock height . I bought some 285/75/16 kumho road ventures pl78 brand new maybe 100 miles guy wants to trade me his Goodyear wrangler authorities 265/70/17 on soft 8s C rated tire with about 5000 miles and a fifth brand new tire. Fifth tire does not have rim just a brand new tire unmounted. Should I do the trade? Or better question would you do the trade if you were me?

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I wouldnt. Wait til your current tires are worn out before you consider other tires, especially some that are favored off road and are smaller.

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
skip the wallmart brand tires. keep the kumhos. i had a 5 year old set of the kumhos for about a 1500 miles until i cut the sidewall on a rock.

new2this

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya I decided to keep my kumhos and so far pretty good on and off road. Off the start it feels way slower than my 2wd Tahoe but probably because the tires on my 2wd were 235s