Question about LSx swap in OBS with stock 5 speed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Casper

Reaction score
I have a 95 GMC ECSB I am rebuilding and have a question of what type of flywheel and clutch hardware would be needed to swap a 5.3L or 6.0L with a stock 95 NVG3500. I know the LSx swaps with older auto's required a 6.0L spacer and bolts on the flexplate but lost on this. Also, is the NVG3500 from a 99+ dimensionally the same except for the bolt pattern? I have thought about putting a newer model trans in if I can find one and if the tailshaft and other dimensions are the same.

91blkstpsd

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of doing this with my 93. I have a 5.3L mated to the NV3500 trans now. Look on LS1 truck for the part #'s for the pilot and throwout bearings you will need. Also the 4.8L flywheel I picked up from Oreileys for like $60. Everything mated up just fine, just havent got my wiring done yet to drive it.

93Casper

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks man. I was hoping someone had done it that way since the transmission is still in good shape for now.