Quarter mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast_fireman

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been seeing people talk about the quarter mod on the fuel pressure regulator spring and I would like to give it a try on my 95 TBI 350. But I have searched all over here and Google and can't find a tutorial or video that explains how to go in and do it. I know nothing about the regulator or how its assembled so I don't wanna go into it blind and remove stuff that I dont need to so if anyone could please tell me the steps and what all I have to remove to go in and do it and if I will have to replace a gasket thanks guys

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your gonna do that, should clean up the TBI unit and do the TBI mods too, and the quarter goes between the spring cup and spring

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

fast_fireman

Reaction score
Yeah I wound up doing the mod after seeing a parts breakdown and the only part I wasn't completely sure about was which end of the spring to put the quarter on but i put it in between the diaphragm and spring because it was more stable on the spring and it works it felt like it was smoother and more powerful acceleration through all the gears (5speed) and its funny the exhaust didn't smell as rich as usual afterwards and I do plan on doing the other TBI mods when I have better time

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I wound up doing the mod after seeing a parts breakdown and the only part I wasn't completely sure about was which end of the spring to put the quarter on but i put it in between the diaphragm and spring because it was more stable on the spring and it works it felt like it was smoother and more powerful acceleration through all the gears (5speed) and its funny the exhaust didn't smell as rich as usual afterwards and I do plan on doing the other TBI mods when I have better time

After the TBI mods might run smoother too, you'll be shocked how dirty it is, I used 2 cans of carb cleaner lol

fast_fireman

Reaction score
Yeah Ive sprayed it while running a few times and cleaned everything on top really good before I did spray everything really good while doing the mod

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah Ive sprayed it while running a few times and cleaned everything on top really good before I did spray everything really good while doing the mod

The inside is whats the worst, have to take it off the intake, was so dirty, its as smooth as glass now

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
The inside is whats the worst, have to take it off the intake, was so dirty, its as smooth as glass now

amen to that. i bored mine completely and did the quarter mod trick, opened up some passes and well as a fe other tricks. all in all i needed to re retune my truck after a bump in pressure after the cam was in.

you said yours doesnt burn as rich anymore now? any conlcusive info on if thats true or not?

fast_fireman

Reaction score
Well I did the mod and took it down the road and back and it felt better which before it always seemed like when you got all over it going through the gears it would have to catch up with itself if that makes sense never really had any punch it and sometimes it smelt rich at the exhaust but after my run it had a better lean smell but I'll put it to the big test tomorrow going to work I drive 60 miles round trip daily