Push button start help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kennalec2013

Reaction score
I have a 95 c1500 5.7tbi. I have installed a remote start on the truck which has worked flawlessly for 3 years. I recently got a RFID push button start kit. I know I have two ignition wires, I had to splice into both for the remote start. My question is there is only one ignition wire on my push button start. Which ignition wire do I use or do I use both??? I know I can possibly screw up my tranny if I do it incorrectly and I'm not wanting that. Haha any help or questions would be appreciated! I have a pic of the push button instructions.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Kennalec2013

Reaction score
So I did some testing with my volt meter. Both the brown and white put out 12v when the button is in the on setting meaning they are ignition wires. The yellow is start. It puts 12v through wire for a second, which I'll have to hold the button so that it continues to spin starter until the truck starts. Not a problem. I believe I have figured out my problem. I'll give it a go tomorrow. But still let me know what y'all think.

Kennalec2013

Reaction score
All is good. It's wired in and works great! Remote start still works as well. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get those pics up, this is interesting. I would like to do this I think.