pulse wiper module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wipers are not turning off and sometimes go on fast speed when I want slow, so I took apart my wiper module and headed down to parts store, they do not carry the module for my truck an 1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne 4wd 350 engine. Is there any other GM that might have the same board?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well after some searching I've found that unless you can find the right part (which I can't) you have two options:

1) Look for weak points on your board and re-solder them.
2) You can get a whole new-style motor assembly (like 99.99% of 88-98 GMT400's have) and it will plug right up, a little pricey though.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There has to be replacements for these, every other gm truck Ivs seen has the regular square board even the s-10s are different , I checked Buick,Oldsmobile and Pontiac.
I searched the LMC, Classic industries and other sites, nothing. it has Delco stamped on it. What the hell is it from then?

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I searched "1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne" and saw a pic of a truck with no motor and it had a wiper system like mine so Im thinking this module is "cheyenne only"?
As for a part number "ASM 22062676" is all I found.
I also sent a pic and a email to Dorman since they make replacements for the other type modules.

6Wheeler

Reaction score
I searched "1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne" and saw a pic of a truck with no motor and it had a wiper system like mine so Im thinking this module is "cheyenne only"?
As for a part number "ASM 22062676" is all I found.
I also sent a pic and a email to Dorman since they make replacements for the other type modules.
Did you ever find the part or a replacement part. I'm now looking for the same part and no one can find the correct one, Thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Re-solder where the harness socket mounts to the board, will fix the overwhelming majority of problems you are seeing with these wiper boards.

Or, replace the whole motor with a 1991-up unit, easy to find, just as easy to repair or replace the circuit board.

Richard

6Wheeler

Reaction score
Re-solder where the harness socket mounts to the board, will fix the overwhelming majority of problems you are seeing with these wiper boards.

Or, replace the whole motor with a 1991-up unit, easy to find, just as easy to repair or replace the circuit board.

Richard
Thanks, It didn't work but it was something to try. it did not get any worse.

6Wheeler

Reaction score
the motor works fine it's the intermittent delay, the washer, sometimes the wipers don't work at all, sometime they don't stop working, sometime I hit a bump and they start. just curious.