Pros and cons of mpfi over a tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NP-95z71

Reaction score
I have a 95 5.7 tbi and i know where I can get an mpfi setup pretty cheap. Just wondering what the advantages and disadvantages are? Also is it worth the time and money?

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel system is much more efficient for starters and if your talking about the vortec, the heads flow much better the the tbi. OBD1 and OBD2, more HP and torque, the list goes on.

Tinkerinmatt

Reaction score
I'm trying to get used to my vortec 350 as I've only had TBIs for years, the vortec pulls hard from 3000-5000 where the tbi falls on its face at 3000, but the "get the boat out of the water, yank a tree stump, get moving and snap your neck" torque of a tbi 350 from idle to 3000 isn't there with the vortec. Fuel economy wise and daily driving the vortec feels so much more modern and driver friendly, but for a TRUCK, I like the power band of the tbi.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
tbi is amazing for torque slap some vortec heads and some exhaust, cam, intake work at it and youll have much better mileage/performance and driveability