Project:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Im surprised Ive got the feedback that I have about them. I figured more people would like the red.

So I have a question, Im tossing around the idea of getting a new switchbox to replace the AVS box I have now. Im leaning toward the Accuair switchspeed because I plan to get the e-level in the future. My question is, has anyone installed one not using the VU4 manifold? I know it possible but Im just curious as to how it all goes together.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I have looked at the switchspeed. It's just an interface to be able to use the accuair controller with the vu4 or individual valves without the auto ride function.

It has plugs on it for the control box and the vu4. You will have to cut the vu4 plug off the harness and wire the corresponding wires to the correct valve per the instructions.

The vu4 I have came with a wiring diagram in case you want to wire the vu4 to a different switchbox other than the accuair controller. Again, you have to cut the harness to wire in other equipment that is not accuair.

You might be able to get the kit with a harness that already has the vu4 plug removed.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great pics!!

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Thanks guys...drove the truck for the first time in awhile today and came out to a quarter size oil puddle under the truck. IMO haven't fully diagnosed it but from the looks of it, it's time for a new oil pan gasket.