Project-->> Clean-up the DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice progress. the banner on the tailgate looks amazing is that the original
If it is, its amazing! I am one that never likes any type of pin stripping or molding and all and for some reason the thing is so damn good looking and not beat up, I am keeping it. Again if it is original, I am HIGHLY impressed!
Your cab corner's and bed rail's turned out nice, it's great to have helpful friend's!

Yes, yes it is! Its nice to see that there are still good ppl out there not trying to rip you a new one. He did ask for anything, but I told him to keep the pipe expander I bought, the cat (for scrap) and we both have v8 s10s (his is a lsx) and he wants the home built caltracs I have on mine. I have spare parts, so I am giving him all the parts he needs plus getting the brackets made for free so all he needs is the nuts and bolts to buy. Its the least I can do for the kid, haha.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's the way things should be, people helping each other out!

Yea that would be awesome if people were more like that. Well got home and did a video of the truck in the day light so you can see it this time, lol.

stock y pipe, stock cat, flowmaster si/do muffler, split rear
You must be registered for see images attach

everything stated above minus the cat

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much of a update but its getting some progress. I used a eraser wheel + my dads cordless drill for the side adhesive leftover from the removal of all the trim....Yea, I need a more powerful drill! I've been switching it in and out with the charged battery, than the dead one , ect....Only got the small piece behind the front wheel well of the driver side and the rear most part of the bed done. I am 1/5 of the way done on the door....But anyways, it worked great for the time it was in good use!

Before

After

And just for ***** and giggles....Found this in the glove box....Guy paid 3k for the cab extender, bed rails, interior wood, chrome siding and grille guard! Maybe I should have left it all on?!? And 1,051 dollars for gas annually? Pssh!! Try more like 3800+!

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Your friend did a nice job on the cab corners. Wish my friends could do body work haha.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your friend did a nice job on the cab corners. Wish my friends could do body work haha.

Yea the kid is good for being 21 and doing it as a side job and not being a ''painter or body guy'' per say.

My question is that the passenger side as pictured bedside and driver door has surface rust fromt he chrome I took off. It is not at the same level as the paint is if that makes any sense. Do I body fill it or use the kitty/tiger hair to level it out? I mean its not like a gully or anything but in body terms, it is not smooth where body filler IMO would be used in case of it cracking.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guess, been a while but got a good amount of work done today. First not pictured, but I got about 4-6 dimple sized dents hopefully filled in and smoothed, one little dent on the passenger side fender and one more on the roof. Than on the rear driver side wheel well, I had to grind to the metal to get rid of surface rust, than use some tiger hair to sanding to bondo to sanding than prime. After doing that, I turned my attention to the tailgate. I took off the diamond plate cover on the top of the tailgate and there was a quarter sized dent that was really noticeable. THat and the very top of the tailate was dented in ever so slighly as well. So I did the same, tiger hair to bondo to prime.

I am ok at taking constructive critiscim but this was my FIRST time ever!!! SO be gentle!! lol

Unfortunately I did not take before and after pictures bc quite frankly, I didnt think it would turn out as decent as it did, lol. But on a nother good update....

This grille came in, the lower lip, the corner filler panels, and the lights all came in as well. Just waiting on the chrome smoothie bumper to arrive tomorrow!

If plans go according to plan, I am ordering my wheels weds morning to get them by friday at the latest to than drive up to my buddys house to install the 3 inch body lift. After that, wheels get mounted than I am 1 week away from a painted truck!

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well just got home from my buddy's house, we installed the 3 inch body lift, new front bumper, grille and did the rear bumper bracket flip to mount the rear bumper back in place.

With stock tires, the front fender hieght is now a hair under 40 inches (39.75 in) and 39 rear ....New 33s should get it right around a 41/40 fender height. One question, should I go with 15x8 with 4 inch BS or 4.25 in BS if I want the tire to stick out a inch or so?

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I just got wind that the truck will be ready to be picked up on Tuesday so I am really excited to see it! And I am ordering my wheels from summit on Monday so hopefully they will be here by Weds. and I will have them mounted on the truck Weds night.