Programmer issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlesburk

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Gmc sierra 1500 L31 engine and I'm running (off and on) a hypertech power programmer 3. Has anyone else have this programmer? If so, anyone else had any problems with their fuel pump relay suddenly not getting any connection, allowing it not to start and run? I've had this issue twice now and would like some input on what could be wrong please!

Charlesburk

Reaction score
Well I had the programmer on the truck when it did it the first time. Took it off to fix it, changed fuel filter checked a series of electrical components, and it ended up being the fuel pump relay. I took the old relay and a pair of needlenose and twisted the prongs a little and it ran perfect. I went and Bought a new doorman relay and never had any type of trouble until yesterday when I put the hypertech back on. I drove about 25 miles, shut it off, then went to start it back to follow a buddy but truck wouldn't start. Bent the prongs again and took the programmer off and wollah. So I'm thinking that the programmer is starting this mess somehow.