PRO COMP???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the same "Pro Comp" that changed it's name to Speedmaster?

The "Pro Comp" I'm familiar with had such a horrible reputation for importing JUNK from China that they had to change their name and start over--everyone knew that Pro Comp was trouble. Now they're calling themselves "Speedmaster".

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this the same "Pro Comp" that changed it's name to Speedmaster?

The "Pro Comp" I'm familiar with had such a horrible reputation for importing JUNK from China that they had to change their name and start over--everyone knew that Pro Comp was trouble. Now they're calling themselves "Speedmaster".
Never heard of SpeedMaster but I'm a little younger than most of you guys on here, I've always known Pro Comp to be high level aftermarket offroad stuff (wheels, tires, lift kits), like on the level of Fox or Mickey Thompson.
I grew up wheelin in the early 2000s and everyone was running Fox, Pro Comp, or Mickey Thompson.
Could be wrong, but I'm at least pretty certain that they aren't the same as this "Speedmaster" company. Especially since the website procompusa.com is still fully operational.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems reasonable. The Pro Comp I knew of sold cylinder heads, intake manifolds, distributors, spark boxes--all sorts of hot-roddy engine parts.

And pretty much all of it was junk. Thus the name change--to fool the unwary into buying the same old crap under a new name.

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13213

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Seems reasonable. The Pro Comp I knew of sold cylinder heads, intake manifolds, distributors, spark boxes--all sorts of hot-roddy engine parts.

And pretty much all of it was junk. Thus the name change--to fool the unwary into buying the same old crap under a new name.

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13213

I seem to recall them making really ****** roller rockers. Trailer manufacturers play the same game. At least the one I'm thinking of has to avoid going good on the junk they sold.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score