Primer for emerald green and a good 2 tone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm wanting to have my truck repainted and was wondering what color rattle can primer I should hit it with? And what is a good brand of primer to use? I was thinking grey rustoleum primer, please stop me of I'm wrong. Also was wondering if anyone has two toned the emerald green on there truck and if they can post some pics? Thanks much in advance.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
How much are you spending on this repaint?

Do you have an air compressor at home? I bought a gun from Harbor Freight and laid down my own primer for my rear bumper. Got medium-build primer from a local auto body and paint supply store. It's much higher quality and you get a better surface for painting.

If I were you, I would either do that, or just have the shop prime it. Using spray can primer is cutting corners, and the prep and primer is where you really don't want to do that. Save up a little longer and do it yourself the right way, or pay to have it professionally done.

Reaction score
A really good friend of mine has a couple spray guns and a compressor. He has painted a few things (fenders etc) but never a complete vehicle. I just might talk him into doing the whole thing.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk