Power window motor going bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so i was out installing dif speakers in the front doors of my truck, and i noticed that my driver side window motor is really loud when it rolls up or down. Is that a sign of it starting to go out??

Also sometimes (knock on wood) my passenger window decides to not roll up or down. With all the switches and everything plugged in they work sometimes but other times they dont, could both the motors need to be replaced?? Its just frustrating when im driving and i get to where im going and sometimes the passenger window decides NOPE im not rolling up........

If it is the motors wheres the better place to get em?

ill try to get a video of the driver side one that makes alot of noise

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It does sound like the motor is starting to go on the driver's side. Growling is never good.

As for the passenger side, You could have a switch [Master or passenger] starting to fail, a broken wire in the door jamb or a bad window motor. The best thing to do is when it happens, take the door panel off and check for power and ground at the motor

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does sound like the motor is starting to go on the driver's side. Growling is never good.

As for the passenger side, You could have a switch [Master or passenger] starting to fail, a broken wire in the door jamb or a bad window motor. The best thing to do is when it happens, take the door panel off and check for power and ground at the motor

well ill have to check this week bc my passenger window wont roll down at all! sometimes it works other times it dont