Power acoustik head unit plus backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I purchased a power acoustik 7in flip out head unit for my truck I wasn't very sure about that brand because I've always had kenwood's and I love them but just didn't want to spend the 3-400 for a flip out kenwood, after reading about them they seem to be good units? But when I ordered it, I ordered a rear backup camera. Soo instead of hooking it up to only come on when the reverse lights come on I was wondering if you could hook it up to always have power so whenever I hit the camera on the radio I could see behind me anytime I wanted? Also does anybody know how to hook the radio up so you could watch DVD and videos while driving instead of only when the park brake is applied?

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nobody ever replied to this for some reason but, for the parking brake issue just ground the wire that connects from the radio parking break and see if that works. As for the backup camera how does it wire in?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can set up the power for the cam on a toggle switch to flip on instead of the reverse light power kicking it on.and as said in above post ground the wire that goes to parking brake that gives full time video signal

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can set up the power for the cam on a toggle switch to flip on instead of the reverse light power kicking it on.and as said in above post ground the wire that goes to parking brake that gives full time video signal

That's what I was thinking too, if it says to wire it into the reverse lights with 2 wires (power/ground) then just ground the black wire and connect the red wire to a 12V switched power wire. Then it should be on all the time.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have mine setup like that to my kenwood so when i am plowing I can leave it on to see whats behind me at all times.this is the setup I have
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I got the DVD player grounded out. But I just tried to hook up my camera and nothing happened? I know I'm getting a good ground and power because I spliced into my trailer plug and when the trailer is hooked up everything works fine? And my rca is defiantly plugged into my head unit. Only thing I know of is bad camera?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there should be settings on the headunit for camera interupt,read the booklet that came with the unit and look under video settings