Possible RPO Typo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I wrote down every RPO and have been finding the complete option list for my truck. my truck is a '99 K1500 in I think Pewter Metallic (have no idea if that factual.) Anyway, I have code 11U which is Dark Willow sage green, I know for a fact my truck hasn't been repainted. Also, the interior is a neutral color and the code says it is slate grey? Any ideas? Sorry that the pictures aren't great.

You must be registered for see images attach

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Through the years some codes have been reused. In one year or make and model, a code might mean one thing, then in another year or for a different make and model it will mean something else. An example is G93. It has been used for a 3.27:1 as well as reportedly a 2.73 Rear Axle ('73 Olds).

Other codes like M21 have been used for both Muncie and Borg Warner close ratio transmissions."

Source: http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/RPO_(Regular_Production_Option)_GM_master_list

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Through the years some codes have been reused. In one year or make and model, a code might mean one thing, then in another year or for a different make and model it will mean something else. An example is G93. It has been used for a 3.27:1 as well as reportedly a 2.73 Rear Axle ('73 Olds).

Other codes like M21 have been used for both Muncie and Borg Warner close ratio transmissions."

Source: http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/RPO_(Regular_Production_Option)_GM_master_list
That’s a nice master list!

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It must have been 11Q, some of them weren't able to be read.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That’s a nice master list!
That's the same list that has been around for quite a few years in a PDF format. It's the same one that shows MT8 as an 18 speed transmission, while in GMT400 terms it's the first version of the NV4500 5 speed.

Point is, some RPO's definitely get re-purposed over the years.

Paint code 11U on a '99 GMT400 (the "U" means "upper" in the case of a 2-tone scheme; the other color would be suffixed by an "L" for lower) - is indeed pewter metallic, also known as code WA382E

BTW here's a '98 2500 that was in my old shop inventory, also code 11U on the paint (I kept pictures of all SPID labels with the truck pics)

Richard

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, lots of RPOs got re-used over the years. You're better off with a dealer VIN lookup or the $5 http://www.compnine.com/ VIN lookup if you want accurate descriptions of the RPOs.
I’ve used that a few times in a pinch at junkyards when I couldn’t find the glovebox laying around or the sticker was gone.