Popping in Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaileyBlueGmc

Reaction score
Hello everybody so the other day i got off and when to drive away when accelerating a pooping noise occurs in the front end. I can recreate the noise every time I accelerate from a slow speed. Also I can recreate the noise when I cycle the front end manually(quickly push down and building momentum). Also only make noise when the UCA is near the down travel stop(bump stop) Has new front less than a year ago. I am stumped. Torsion bar are cranked.

1999 GMC K2500 5.7
CAI
285/75/16 Goodyear MT/R Kevlars

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad's and mine both pop one loud time at full lock and low speeds. Our bars are cranked as well. Maybe it's a related issue, but I don't know enough about front ends. Someone who does will post back soon.

BaileyBlueGmc

Reaction score
My dad's and mine both pop one loud time at full lock and low speeds. Our bars are cranked as well. Maybe it's a related issue, but I don't know enough about front ends. Someone who does will post back soon.
Did yours start after doing the lift immediately or later on down the road?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there, on my 98 I had a small rock wedged under the front fender liner that caused the liner to flex and pop every time the chassis shifted. It drove me nuts trying to diagnose it.

How do the stabilizer bar bushings and end links look?

Are the shock absorbers bouncing on the top mounting bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaileyBlueGmc

Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there, on my 98 I had a small rock wedged under the front fender liner that caused the liner to flex and pop every time the chassis shifted. It drove me nuts trying to diagnose it.

How do the stabilizer bar bushings and end links look?

Are the shock absorbers bouncing on the top mounting bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have not look at the fender liner ill check that tonight
I will check and the steering stabilizer tonight too
The front shocks are newer and problem occurred since parking the other day

Thankyou for the Responses