Poly Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rschap

Reaction score
I've got a 99 classic K3500 and I'm looking for a poly bushing master kit. I've always used energy suspension but their website only has a master kit for up to a 97 for these trucks, but up to 98 for the K1500 and K2500. Has anyone ordered this set and put it in a 98 or 99 classic K3500? Or tips on another company that makes a quality poly bushing set?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They likely just aren't aware of the goofy split GM had in the transition from GMT400 to GMT800. I'm unaware of any changes after 98, but there were a number of changes in 98.

Rschap

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm constantly running into this. I often use 98 as my model year when looking for parts because of it. I've been researching all morning for lower control arm bushings in particular as they made a stamped and a forged arm. Info on the stamped arm bushings is everywhere but the forged is hard to figure out and that's what I have. One site calls for a part but another site says it wont fit. I'm about to just order two different sets and see what fits, it's frustrating.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been on a roll the last couple days missing details in folks' posts. All I think I know about the forged bushings is that they slide directly into the arm with no outer sleeve, probably be 2 halves coming in from either end.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed a set on the forged lower control arms few months ago (left side in pic)

Prothane 7-206-BL​

Energy suspension's # Part Number: 3.3180

also to add

Energy's durometer is closer to 75, Prothane's are closer to 80

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 16-40-51 3.3180 Tahoe Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 16-40-51 3.3180 Tahoe Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit.png
    689.5 KB · Views: 20
  • mismatched.jpg
    mismatched.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Rschap

Reaction score
haha, it happens, I do appreciate your help. Moog has a rubber one listed for the rear position and AC Delco for the front, they are different lengths, I crawled under with a tape measurer. Both of those are single piece. If I have to go with rubber I will but I do prefer poly. I read somewhere that the Energy Suspension poly should fit, I guess I'll order them all from Amazon and just return whatever doesn't work. The stock ones are pretty dry rotted so it's time.

I need a full steering and suspension overhaul but don't have the money to do everything right now. I'll rebuild all of the front end that is required for an alignment this time around and then I'll come back to it in a few months to do the rest.

Rschap

Reaction score
I installed a set on the forged lower control arms few months ago (left side in pic)

Prothane 7-206-BL​

Energy suspension's # Part Number: 3.3180
Interesting, I came up with the same number for Prothane but a different one for Energy Suspension. 3.3134 is the number I got from their website but it's for the 97 and under K3500. How did you get that number if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
haha, it happens, I do appreciate your help. Moog has a rubber one listed for the rear position and AC Delco for the front, they are different lengths, I crawled under with a tape measurer. Both of those are single piece. If I have to go with rubber I will but I do prefer poly. I read somewhere that the Energy Suspension poly should fit, I guess I'll order them all from Amazon and just return whatever doesn't work. The stock ones are pretty dry rotted so it's time.

I need a full steering and suspension overhaul but don't have the money to do everything right now. I'll rebuild all of the front end that is required for an alignment this time around and then I'll come back to it in a few months to do the rest.

I believe the Moog Problem Solver blue bushings are some form of poly as well.