Pocket Style Flares or No Flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before body lift with flares..

attachment.php

After body lift without the flares..

attachment.php

i took the flares off when i did the BL because i took the bed off to paint the frame and didnt want to bust the cheap plastic they make them out of, i am also getting a new bed because some punk kicked in the passenger side of my bed and i am receiving some insurance money. So when i get it in the body shop i am trying to decide on flares or no flares.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only people who tell me to put the flares back on are the people who don't really know much about trucks, but yea i agree i like it as it is without them because these tires arent very wide and stick out just enough with out em to look good but not get bothered by cops.

The reason i got the flares is because this summer i had t-birds and they stuck out 2-3 inches with the flares, haha.

attachment.php

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it needs taller tires now, maybe wider too. IMO they look more like or make it look more like the nbs or nnbs trucks with them, since they are sorta flat on the side. They give the truck a beefy look but I like the extend a fender type better more flare to them. I also think as mentioned if the tires stick out yea keep em if not them leave them off.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i say dont make up your mind till you get the new muddin tires on with the lift. I like the flares personally, but its one of those only if you need them things. I hate when people do stuff like putting an intercooler on a non boosted vehicle.... faking the funk I call it.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i actually like them

but i do agree on getting bigger tires and maybe some rims that stick out some more with the flares and it would look nice

i like the look of my flares on my truck but i have 1.5" wheel spacers to get my wheels out farther