Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
The arms would have been the only difference. I can't remember where I saw it, but some piece of literature seemed to indicate that my 98 K1500 arms had the torsion bars slide in further inboard than on previous years. Worst case, buy older arms for the truck?

Got this lift in yesterday. Going to lay it all out with the new front end parts and do some measurements etc the next week to confirm everything is looking good for the arm fitments before I start a teardown. That's my primary concern.

Also, put the truck to use kinda.

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Forgot to comment on the iBoards(that's what they used to be called anyways)...I had a set of those on a 1989 K5 that I modified to fit, they work very well. nice clean design.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Forgot to comment on the iBoards(that's what they used to be called anyways)...I had a set of those on a 1989 K5 that I modified to fit, they work very well. nice clean design.

Yeah a set of these boards would look great on your suburban. I dig the silver a lot. Wish this truck was silver.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Could use someone who has experience on the below to chime in. Looking into the next couple weeks and the complete tear down and rebuild of the front end and suspension.

Would like to do all rubber while I'm down there too. Have everything ordered except for the front diff bushings on all the 4 mounting points (x2 carrier bracket, x2 upper and lower housing ears).

Thought they were 2-3 different part numbers and sizes etc but only finding 1 PN for a front diff bushing.

Went out and eyeballed them and beginning to suspect they are all the same jacketed bushing. Can anyone else confirm these are all the same part replacement?

These ones for reference.

This part is the only one I can find.

https://www.carid.com/acdelco/profe...962664.html?singleid=1626579577&url=111540641

Last edited:

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Broke out parts tonight to test fit some stuff.

The TC 14823 4" kit is a true 4" drop and 4" rear block.

Uppers look good.

Whole lotta Moog

Bilsteins

Also FYI this 14823 kit comes with their 10810 steering linkage part as well. I had bought that separately and need to return it now.

Will measure for the lower arms tomorrow to confirm.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Lower arms measure out. I guess we are gonna tear into this thing soon.

20.5" to outer bushing of lower control arm.

Also finally installed the Bushwacker tailgate cap to match the bed rails. Had to trim my oem bed liner tailgate protector as it had a built in cap. Came out well enough.

Installed the dee-zee tailgate assist as well. Just had to tap another hole in the inner bed side and used the stock lower mounting bolt. Some spacers and washers and done.

Got a video in action but not sure worth it to post. You get the idea. huge upgrade. Works good.

Truck is filthy.