please help truck broke down....engine flooding out and missing cant figure it out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in my 89 i finally got it running good. had tons of power and ran strong.. parked it to work on geting the bed aligned correctly and after that i get in to start it up and it starts running rough and surging and flooding its self out...

i pulled the plugs and they were solid black so i figured now was a good time to do a full tune up..

i have replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and the fuel filter along with the oil... i was excited thinking this would solve my problem and it didnt fix a thing..

looking at the injectors it appears they are spraying normal and of course when is surges and revs its self up they spray harder.. also now it will flood out and die and wont start for a lil bit..

i just dont understand it, it was running to good...

any idea im stuck at a buddys house currently.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not sure i checked timing and its all good. im at a loss i was thinking the TPS or CTS but i hate wasting money on unneeded crap.. may go buy it real quick and see what i can do.. maybe fuel press reg... just a ton of stuff it could be i just dont have the knowledge to narrow it down without buying and replaing everything

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could the gasket between the throttlebody and intake be bad? sounds like excessive suction, but thn again i have the intake cover off and its idling weird

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
the little module in the distributor i had that problem in my 94 its would run good then spit and spudder blow black smoke and then die i dont remember what the part was called though

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
took electrical contact spray and cleaned all the connectors.. so it fixed it for 20min or running then i removed the battery to clear codes then it wouldnt start haha.. so i waited and it finally started and ran fine again.. i think i have a sensor going bad i just still gotta figure out which one

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it does ot again try unplugging the cts, a lot of times they will idle ok if unplugged if you don't have acess to a scanner