Plastic epoxy/customization.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i got a question, ive seen some guys cutting their dash for the din install and others doing plastic work.

Well i was curious what epoxy people are using for it? Wasnt sure if its the jb weld or what?

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jb weld works excellent for most everything. And it's grey so it will sort of blend in. I like it because, well, it's strong and you can sand and paint over it. And it's moldable

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking about using, i was gonna use it on my esky console so i can smooth out the back where the ac controls and open holes are. I was leaning towards the tube of jb weld with a tube of hardener that it comes with over the jb weld stick, wasnt sure how well the putty stick thing would work with what im wanting to do,

anyone recommend which one holds up better?

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
def the 2 part stuff in the tubes. works great

ive worked with body filler and plastic repair filler, now with the jb weld epoxy its basically the same thing correct? im not gonna have to use all the hardener with the whole tube of epoxy ?

usually when i worked with body filler id have the bondo on the board and just put a streak of hardener running from one side to the other, mix it and spread it and let it dry. Same steps for this?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking about using, i was gonna use it on my esky console so i can smooth out the back where the ac controls and open holes

Id fiberglass it that's how I did mine, just make sure to drill holes and fiberglass the front and back mine has held up good. The epoxy will crack I tried to fix a spot on the top console piece where it broke around the cup holder area and it lasted about 6 months but it broke again. I used the 3m tube stuff but forgot which one.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id fiberglass it that's how I did mine, just make sure to drill holes and fiberglass the front and back mine has held up good. The epoxy will crack I tried to fix a spot on the top console piece where it broke around the cup holder area and it lasted about 6 months but it broke again. I used the 3m tube stuff but forgot which one.

never worked with fiberglass......hmm i have the ac control box and button things gutted that go in the back of the console so all it is is a small little box but it needs to be filled in so its flush. May have to look into fiberglassing or something hmmf

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never worked with fiberglass......hmm i have the ac control box and button things gutted that go in the back of the console so all it is is a small little box but it needs to be filled in so its flush. May have to look into fiberglassing or something hmmf

You can try it or maybe epoxy a flat piece of plastic to the back of the hole that way you will only have a thin to put a thin layer.

fiberglassing is pretty easy just alot of sanding

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

You can try it or maybe epoxy a flat piece of plastic to the back of the hole that way you will only have to put a thin layer.

fiberglassing is pretty easy just alot of sanding