Picture of 1996 4L80 inspection cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all,

Can someone take a few pictures of their 4l80 inspection covers? I want to order one from eBay but they have slight variations that make me a bit unsure.

My tranny was a 96 model.

Do the 80 ones have the two bars going from the engine to the cover like the 60's?

Thanks everyone!

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know you specifically said 96 but just wanted to put this out there. My 95 C3500 was missing its cover so on one of my trips to the yard earlier this year I crawled under a 94 C3500 and pulled this. From searching online all I came across was cast aluminum variants and never knew a stamped steel version existed. Not sure this is “correct” but it fit and is better than the no -existent one.

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpeg
    IMG_3036.jpeg
    576.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3035.jpeg
    IMG_3035.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 12

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys thanks so much! Sorry for the late reply, but I've been so dang busy over the past couple weeks! I really appreciate you!

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the big, heavy cast-aluminum cover for the 4L80E different from the cast-aluminum cover for a 700/4L60?

I've got spare cast-aluminum covers that came from 700s.
Hey schurkey, yeah they're different. I had to modify mine to sort of cover the opening, but it's not what it should be. They're smaller and don't reach down enough to clear the larger torque converter.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up finding the right one, but apparently there's still a difference in how they're set up.

I had to drill a new hole in the long bracket that went from the engine mount to the cover on the driver's side because the fastener hole was in a different location on the cover. Simple fix though.