Picking up a 97 yukon in a few hours :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm adding to my gmt400 collection here shortly. Found a yukon for 2500 bucks that runs and drives with working ac etc. Only issues are the dash doesnt show what gear you have the truck in on the indicators under the odometer and the ac works but the air isnt really blowing hard out of the vents.

The headliner is starting to sag a little bit but thats not a huge deal. Should be easy enough to fix or have fixed. Any ideas on the ac/fan/vent deal would be great. Did a quick search and most of the stuff i found was dealing with the compressor needing to be charged etc.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah called my bro hes had a few of the newer interior style gmt's and he said to pull the plastic piece thats black and to clean that condensor as well.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also noticed the dash has a crack on the ds. gonna see what it costs to get it replaced..by me of course lmfao

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new addition to the family!!!! I'm sure you'll have her looking good in no time!!

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll get pictures up tonight. Just gotta work the kinks out and she'll be golden

Anyone ever gotten the leather redone in the seats? I've got a tear.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Anyone ever gotten the leather redone in the seats? I've got a tear.

Where's the rip, & how big is it? I'd guess that it's the driver's outside edge. Sometimes a piece from another part of the seats, that isn't seen, can be used to repair/replace the ripped piece.
Or...if you can find a passenger seat in the wreckers, of the same color, the section that matches where your's is ripped, (next to the console of the pass. seat) can be removed by carefully cutting the stitching & having it resewn into your driver seat.
Or...you can try to find a piece of leather that's the same color in an upholstery shops 'scrap pile'. I keep all the decent size pieces of left-over leather cuttings, just for times like this.
Or...you could find a piece of leather that's as close as possible in color, then dye it to the exact color before it gets sewn into the seat. If this is the way you have to go, I would recommend the leather to be dyed be relatively close in color. Radical changes in color, makes the new piece hard to match the original. Easier to dye leather darker. Dark to light is a ***** to do, & doesn't always work or make for a good match.
You can get dye in aerosol cans to match the original trim code. Krylon or SEM is what I use.
Without a pic, it's hard to price. If it's what I think it is, the typical wear spot on these seats, you'd be in the $150.00-$200.00 range for the repair. That's if the seat was brought to my shop, out of the truck. And, I would go through the rest of the cushion to repair the internal foam bun & springs, if required. (Usually, it is) If you want, I could describe what has to be done for that.
You could get it done for less, if the cover was already off of the seat. (easy to do) The price would even go down more, if there is no dying involved. If the moon & stars aligned for you, it would be possible to get this done for under $100.00

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're correct in your assumption sir. I'll look into the scrap yard and see what I can find. And I just realized we have Tapatalk support woohoo finally

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found pine needles and leaves by my condenser but can't get my hand to most of it. Spraying it down with coil cleaner from Lowes ATM. If this doesn't work is there a way to pull the panel off surrounding the condenser?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2