Pic Request: Tablet/Phone Mounts DIY or Store Bought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Show me what you're doing with your phones and tablets.

I'd especially be interested in something that hides away when not in use, leaving the dash looking stock. I'm hoping some clever resourceful person has done exactly what I'm thinking of using the cd delete pocket or pullout cupholder.

...But pics of any type of setups are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is Still a working progress... I started this project a couple of days ago. My goal is to make it look like it come from the factory.
I still have to install the a/c control were the pocket is. So far I like the way it is coming out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Looking good. Are you making it removable or is it permanent? What are you going to do for a head unit?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
That's pretty slick. The video is a little annoying, but looks like a good product.

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha, well to be 100% honest it's been a while since I've seen the video. Forget how annoying they are Sorry about that.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is Still a working progress... I started this project a couple of days ago. My goal is to make it look like it come from the factory.
I still have to install the a/c control were the pocket is. So far I like the way it is coming out.

What amplifier setup are you going to run for that? I'm going to order all my parts for a raspberry pi based carputer as soon as I decide whether I want to keep my head unit and build a console for the touch screen or ditch it and use the stereo pocket like you did and adding an amplifier and volume control for my speakers and preouts for my sub amp

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my 91 I have a EQ that I plug my phone or ipod into. On my next driver Im doing a Ipad just like brycebba did. BTW nice job brycebba

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh that wasn't me lol, that was Mercys post of his work.

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For right now I'm going to run it through the stock radio that I modify to have a aux input.
I'm going to order this http://www.soundmanca.com/products/bluetooth-chip so I can play it over Bluetooth.
When the weather gets a little nicer I want to install a Audiocontrol Matrix Plus and a iStreamer So I can get rid of the stock radio,
But Your idea sounds awesome can't wait to see what you come up with.

Last edited: