Paycheck again at 71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I had a discussion just the other day with my coworkers about the 3-phase AC used on aircraft and about how there are two additional wires in the cable that carry a deadman signal. If you unplug the plane while the generator's still built up, the deadman opens the contactor so you don't get fried. But there's an override switch, and stupid people doing stupid things have killed themselves.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know vehicles. I work on them. I can do some things around the house and tackle them. But the rest, I leave to those that know. Thankfully, as an American Legion member, I know lots of guys and gals there that know a lot of things and we try to take care of each other.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, the 2006 F150 is completely ready to have the engine jerked out. motor mounts undone, harnesses bungy corded back out of the way, flexplate off, oil dipstick pulled out, a/c accumulator removed and compressor is completely out, the condenser is out but I have no pic of that, battery and tray removed and then we discovered that the engine picker does not have a long enough arm to get the new engine out of the shipping pod so we can mount to the engine stand. Gy in a business next door has a fork lift but was not there. Some day next week, will get new engine out and mounted to engine stand and pull old engine and drop in the engine pod for core return. I will swap the exhaust manifolds over and whatever other parts I can install on the stand and then the fork lift will be back to drop the new engine in. I cut my middle knuckle on my left hand first thing this morning.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score