Passenger side recliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having issues with passenger side manual seat to lock i cant get the seat to lock in place just cant get the recliner to lock any one have suggestions?
I tried looking to see if anything was broken but nothing looked out of place.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not on these trucks, but I had the same problem with the driver's seat in an early 90's Nissan Maxima. It actually broke as I was reaching for my wallet in my back pocket, sent me flying backward pretty good. :lol: Something in the reclining mechanism snapped, couldn't see it from any angle I could get to. Took it to an interior shop, they took the seat apart and charged me around $100 IIRC to fix it.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks untill now it worked fine. I did recline the seat all the way back today and it wouldnt lock

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paging @sewlow, if anyone here would know it'd be him.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Could be one of any number of things.
Flip the seat forward & under the backrest on the bottom is a zipper.
Open that up & peel the cover up some.
Then you'll be able to see if there is something caught in the ratcheting mechanism, or that it itself is broken, or, a bracket or the frame has let go at a weld.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be one of any number of things.
Flip the seat forward & under the backrest on the bottom is a zipper.
Open that up & peel the cover up some.
Then you'll be able to see if there is something caught in the ratcheting mechanism, or that it itself is broken, or, a bracket or the frame has let go at a weld.

Yea i did that pulled the velcrow off to see anything noticeable but nothing really dont wanna fork out $250 for a seat lol ill have to pull it out of the truck an see if i can see whats going on

glen r

Reaction score
Is it the back of the front passenger seat that is giving you trouble? If it is then move the seat back as far froward as you can and move the whole seat ahead. Now play with the release lever and move the seat back back to the upright position - move it back and forth a little until it locks. It is the back release mechanism that is holding the seat adjuster from locking at the desired place.