Passenger Side Power Lumbar Out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,

Truck is in sig below. I ordered it with bucket seats which both have the power lumbar support (some kind of air bladder). The driver’s side works fine, but the passenger’s side has been AWOL for years… I really haven’t looked at it to closely (never sit over there) but I’m tying up some lose ends on a very good condition GMT400 and would like to get the issue resolved.

Anyone have some suggestions on where to get started, what to look for? Thanks!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Could be one of a couple of different things or a combo.
Can you hear the pump working? If not, check...
-the switch, or the connection to it.
-for wire that's been rubbed bare.
-a ground prob.
-the bladder's pump motor.

If the motor IS working, then I'd be 99% sure that either an air line from the pump to the bag is broken or disconnected, or the bag itself has a puncture.

I'd be testing for electrical continuity at the switch first.
The bladder is accessible from the back of the backrest. Gotta undo the zipper on the bottom and peel the cover up. You can kinda, sorta do that with the seat in the truck. Easier on the bench, though.
May have to remove the armrest to get the cover up high enough to get to the bag.
If you are gonna pull the seat, (recommended) slide the seat all the way back, undo the front bolts, the slide it forward to get at the rear bolts. This will make sure the seats will stay upright by themselves on the bench, instead of falling over on themselves everytime you let go of them.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sewlow,

Great Info, thanks for your reply…

The pump is not working, no noise whatsoever. I’ll poke around a bit over the weekend. If I need to pull the seat and remove the cover, it’ll likely have to wait for a while… Spring is here in Southern Indiana, the KY Derby’s but a few weeks away; the yard and other duties call.

Again, Thanks!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No prob! It's the passenger's problem, not your's! Tell 'em to sit down, shut up, hang on, & quit their damn bitchin'! Lol!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I havent had power lumber on the seats in my burb since the day I got it. Honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable to have an air bladder pushing against my back while I drive. It bothers me to have it in my back while riding shotgun when my buddy has his mom's Yukon.