Pass ext cab seat moveent question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I move the base of the seat? I can pull the lever in the front to slide the cushion forward but I need to move the whole seat forward for the kids to get in and out. I can pull the release under the seat but cant move it with the lever.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
upper lever should flip the seat back forward and unlock the slides to move it way forward, i had a issue in my 94 of the cable or the slide unlock going bad and the dealer replaced it under warranty, they said there was a common issue there but i dont remember which part it was.

Last edited:

LT1/TA

Reaction score
upper lever should flip the seat back forward and unlock the slides to move it way forward, i had a issue in my 94 of the cable or the slide unlock going bad and the dealer replaced it under warranty, they said there was a common issue there but i dont remember which part it was.

Yes,A cable is connected from to the seat back to a latch/lever on the inside seat track and a metal wire is connected from the inside seat track latch/lever to the outside seat track latch/ lever.When the seat back is pulled forward the cable is pulled and releases the latch/lever on both the inside and outside seat track and the whole seat track will allow the seat to go forward nearly touching the dash,If any of this is out of adjustment the seat will not move forward.
I think GM called this easy-entry,but I have had problems with these seats not working myself.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to looak at a seat for a better idea I think

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Because these trucks are getting as old as they are, more than likely the cable(s) have stretched. This was a poor design to begin with. I'd say to pull the seat and get it onto a bench. There is a wire that runs from one side of the tracks to the other. It may have come undone or one of the wire ends has broken. There is also another wire that connects the side release to the tracks, so that hitting that, not only flips the backrest forward, but it also releases the tracks so that the seat slides forwrd. This is where the design is poor. This part can be a bear to work on. Don't know if GM still has any of those parts available, so the wreckers maybe the only solution. Problem with that is you could be buying the same problem.

When working on the tracks & the releases, be very careful. That big spring under there will slam the tracks from one end to the other so hard & fast that if your fingers are in the way, it will cause serious pain & damage! If the spring is under tension when on the bench, if you hit the release, the that 60lb seat will jump right off the bench!
One way to avoud that is to slide the seat all the way back in the truck, remove the front bolts, then slde the seat forward to get at the rear bolts. This will releases the tension on that spring, because it wants to pull the seat forward. Removing the seats this way also allows for the seat to be able to stand on it's own when on the bench, instead of you having to fight it when it wants to fall over. Also lessons the chance of that spring ramming the track to the rear..