Parking brake flashes 9 times, then pause. (Video posted)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cooter

Reaction score
Hey guys, I own an 88 K1500, 350 auto 4x4. I was on my way to work, and this damn thing started to flash at me. I have no leaks anywhere, and the pedal is not spongy at all. The truck comes to a stop evenly, and has no jerking or pulling to any side when the brakes are applied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I9xAorq3SE

Cooter

Reaction score
I bought a cluster from Luke and its never done it since lol cluster might be ****** or starting to go

96dragon

Reaction score
My Old '89 K2500 did the same 2mos after I bought it, and I was finally able to get it to stop once I replaced the ABS Electronic Control Module under the hood along with a new under dash brake pedal switch... The control module I got used for $10 since the shop I went to was going to charge me $300 for a replacement, but the switch cost me $75 Installed and adjusted which also gave me a shop discount on the flush and fill on both of my Diffs & a check and top off with my Transfer case...

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 88' c1500 Scottsdale is doing the same thing. I cannot find any info anywhere explaining what causes this or anything. My brake pedal switch is only 2 months old. If you find out whats up with the flashing light let me know please.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just unplugged the top connector on the black box by the MC and then re pulgged it in while the truck was running and the blinking turned off and hasnt come back. Works for me haha.