Painted my truck with turbo cans lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The biggest problem with rattle cans and tractor paint is hardener and not being UV stable. This can be slightly overcome with tractor paint because it uses a real hardener but you can cheat and add about 10% clear and it helps but it isn't right.
I'd feel a lot better about painting over tractor paint with hardener than over rustoleum.
You must be registered for see images attach

UV damage doesn't tend to cause delamination anyways, just fading. That's why tractor paint may be a good option for the fauxtina look.

I did my '74 GMC with come catepillar yellow Majic brand tractor paint (with hardener) when I was 17, and the paint it still adhered to the vehicle.

The body is a hacked together mess unfortunately but it's still a 20 footer.

I I remember taking a lot of this thing down to bear metal using a belt sander.

Man sometimes I wish I could kick my younger self in the balls sometimes. One of these days the body is going to get done right.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an old 59 Chevy truck that I painted satin jade, I did a faux patina also. A lot of people thought it was an original paint truck. It was all done with rattle cans