P1870 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nca2013

Reaction score
I know there's multiple threads about the P1870 code but I need some more clarification. I have a 97 K1500 ecsb with the 5.7 and 4L60E and its starting to shift very hard between 1 and 2. the second time it happened it gave the code P1870. From my research its a sleeve in the valve body that's worn down and chevy recalled it and replaced the valve body. I want to know how well the transgo kit will help this problem, and will this problem leave me sitting? its happening a lot more now then when it started. I really don't want to buy a new valve body, and i'm worried about installing the shift kit too. How difficult is it to install? and how much time should it usually take? thank you for any information or advice.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use the Teckpak (sp?) valve that has o-rings. Do a google search on dropping the valve body out in Google and you shold find all sorts of goodies, youtube videos, etc., on how to do it. It will take you an afternoon if you take your time and be carefull.