P0404 Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My flipper dually threw a P0404, an EGR code. Today I pulled it with my scanner instead of my friend's band it reads as an EGR flow code. I removed the valve, inspected, and cleaned it. It looked clean inside, not gummed up at all and very little carbon sticking. The plunger seems to move freely throughout it's travel. Compared to a small block EGR valve it's hole is larger to flow more air, obviously calibrated to the displacement. Initial plan was to slap the 350 valve on there, but if this is an insufficiency of flow issue I'll be moving in the wrong direction. From what I could see by removing the valve, the passages looked unsurprisingly clear. Does anyone have more info on this code? I don't want to unload the parts cannon chasing the wrong aspect of this issue.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM diagnostics for a 1998 454, maybe it will help. Looks like a bi-directional scanner is needed for the test, though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well **** me, I just cleared the code so my ass gets to start at step 1 with the freeze frame data. Luckily I should be able to command the given EGR values with the laptop. The given verbiage of the code implies the thing is sticking open which is kind of a good thing as its light miss acts like a vacuum leak. Thanks for that East302!