P0142

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
title says it, i've got a P0152, brand new 02 sensors though. so i'm a little confused, the 02 is reading constant around 1.15v or something, not bouncing around like (from what i've gathered) it should, the drivers 02 is also around 1.09v. I plan on putting in a Fuel Pressure Regulator today, i have my rears tuned out and egr tuned out. if anyone has had simliar problem or a soultion i'd really apreciate any help. its been running rough at low rps on and off lately too.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
p0142 is a lean bank code. This mean the PCM is adding as much fuel as in its parameters and on this particular bank, there is still too much air and not enough fuel. Some things that you should look for are vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, and loose hoses that supply an incoming air charge.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
p0142 is a lean bank code. This mean the PCM is adding as much fuel as in its parameters and on this particular bank, there is still too much air and not enough fuel. Some things that you should look for are vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, and loose hoses that supply an incoming air charge.

Sorry the code was a p0152, not 142, typo there. I think i may have had some bad gas, i put some octane booster stuff in my tank and it seems to be getting better, still a little sluggish though and fuel economy has dropped again.. its running ok now though, just have to do a bunch of front end work to make it a little more driveable.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Its a 98 sorry, 5.7, cammed, msd, BB tune, Hooker Headers, No egr or rear O2's and properly tuned out.
Yesterday it ran much better (aside from the terrible need of alignment) only once it decided to 'bog' down and become sliuggish, weird how it happens, and it will go away, give a little jump and be back with lotsa balls.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Comp Cam, i can dig up the exact specs if you want, its nothing too big, had it since i bought the truck.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After doing a little research, I came up with a few ideas. Check to make sure the oxygen sensor wiring is in good shape. Bad wiring can cause the code. Also, apparently an over-reporting mass air flow sensor could cause it. Since you have a K & N, try using some electronics cleaner to clean off the screen in case the air filter oil is building up on the MAF.

pike_mazter

Reaction score
Since you have a K & N, try using some electronics cleaner to clean off the screen in case the air filter oil is building up on the MAF.

May be a dumb question but are you talking about the cans of air or a different type of solvent? I was told the same thing by another person but they were not sure on what can be used to clean it.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
dont over clean it because ive fried 4 MAF sensors by using enough cleaner and then not letting it dry fully, and yeah can you look up you cam specs and how does it run when its running well?