Overhead Display from a Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
I recently bought two temp compass and it says mpg trip calculators i've heard a few different things on if the trip calculator works or not but has anybody put one of these in a TBI? i know i need the temp probe for the temperature and i've looked through the electronics thread but can't seem to find a write up or of anyone doing it can anyone enlighten me on this? has anyone done this and had it work?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
the sensor is on the center of the core support and you just run the wires to it. Look up the compas temp mirror install should be the same for what you got

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
do you think the wire colors would be the same?

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
ill do a write up when i get it installed

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
umm lms I think the wires coming off the sensor is green and black IM not sure how the display wires but yes it should be the same Im guess it will have 5 or 7 pin connector you will have to power and ground one if it does I can tell what colors are what

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
alright thanks! it'll be here thursday or friday

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed one of these in my 97 tonight.

I believe that the only options that will work with OBD I is the temp and compass

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought two temp compass and it says mpg trip calculators i've heard a few different things on if the trip calculator works or not but has anybody put one of these in a TBI? i know i need the temp probe for the temperature and i've looked through the electronics thread but can't seem to find a write up or of anyone doing it can anyone enlighten me on this? has anyone done this and had it work?

Oh I thought you said these had the mpg and stuff on them.....

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
the listing on ebay says they do but only 6 wires contradiction i know but the ones with 6 wires only have temp and compass it'll be here soon so ill know for sure but as you said i dont think you can do the trip calculator on these trucks which is cool with me i mainly bought it for the temperature and the fact it was 99cents for two :eek: