Overhead Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
What years and models were the long overhead consoles available in? I'm heading out to a couple yards tomorrow and I'd like to know what to look for.

Also, how do you guys suggest mounting one in a regular cab? I've read that they do not have the pre-made holes. I also don't have a fabric headliner, still sporting the OE vinyl.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
my 98 has one... not sure how its mounted though. I'm pretty sure it was an option. Our '94 Burban has a full overhead console too.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
For mounting, just cut the tabs off the console and shoot a couple self tapping screws through the openings of the console into the roof liner.

I know my 98 came with one, and they seem to be more common in 95-98 trucks. My 92 brochure shows them though.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I put one in my 97 Reg Cab. And I love it. Shot 6 self tappers through and wired it into the dome light. Then got a blank for the AC controls. I pulled mine out of an early 90s Suburban. It was blue and grey but I painted it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the blank for it. I am going to paint it and put my LED bowtie up there.
You must be registered for see images attach