Outlaw 190 proof's Victoria 89 K2500 build and picture place

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
The salvage yard just outside of town (Headed to snowflake) here sucks; every OBS chevy is picked clean and garbage. Do you guys have a yard near/around Snowflake?

The only problem I've found with parts up here, is the price. We have so few performance shops, they all want to charge like 3x the going rate. Usually I go to the valley for all my needs that are out of my skill level.

Reaction score
Panch villa has some parts but unfortunetly for me they are the later GMT400 and all the interior is the wrong style.

I am going to S&D tomorrow hopefully as they have a good latch for the trucks driver side hopefully it is still their. They are high priced usually though.

I usually order performance parts online at summit or rock auto. Oriellys has some good stuff and they know us well enough that we get good prices.

Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of parts for her today spent more then I should have but oh well.

Door latch for $10 at the junkyard worked excellent only one I could find for drivers side. Got to search next paycheck that I can afford to spend on the trucks for the passenger side one as that one doesn't work the best.
both headlights and turn signals for a 96 chevy 1500. I will run them till I get the aftermarket ones I want got to be brighter then boring sealed beams. $12
new door pins $14 Got dormans at oriellys. Truthfully they are built better in my opinion then GMs original ones.

The door pins are in and door latch half installed.

Door hinges are rounded out so will have to fix that but at least I can close my door now not like I am not use to lifting the door to close it.

Also found out my fenders are slightly cut to fit bigger tires. Sucks as I was hoping not to cut the fenders but oh well.

Also noticed my door handle on the inside is missing so now I get the fun of finding an older style door handle in good shape.

Looked in my parts stash and I found one mirror off the 1500s that I like better. Will search more for the passenger side one. Cousin brought a bunch of them when his boy owned a Chevy pickup got to ask the neighbor if he still wants those black painted sides tail lights I gave him. They are the best but at least not broken like the ones on the truck.

Will rebuild the headlights so everythings working and finish installing the door latch when I get the chance.
Got to still find the connectors to swap to the new style headlights got good bulbs in another set of headlights will do the 4 hi beam mod while I do it.

Reaction score
Got the camper shell on the truck and found out I have a throttle body spacer on the engine already.
Also finished installing the door latch. However I didn't notice the newer style rod was longer for the interior handle so I have to redo that. Also it won't open on the outside not sure why yet.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are the pics of her with the shell on. I will later scrape the brahma sticker off the back. Also some underhood pics. Once I get my tax return I will be buying tires, alternator, and a battery for my ford and the old battery in the ford will go in here. It is still a good battery I just want a new one that I can more trust for daily driving.
Tomorrow hopefully I will be able to do a compression check and see what the motor reads. If it reads good then I am going to get her running as is (minus find a set of wheels and tires matching) and drive her for a while. As I save up I will slowly get my checklist done.

If it reads bad I will be pulling the engine out to be rebuilt.

Reaction score
Haven't been able to get to a compression check yet since my spare batterys are dead so probably won't be able to until I take the 800cca battery out of my ford and put it in here but can't do that as my 88 is my DD.

I however have been able to pull the tailgate panel off.

One of these paychecks I need to pick up black or a dark gray interior paint and I will pull the interior out and paint it then buy some black leather seat covers to reupholster the seats. I will buy regular ones for the front and make custom ones for the rear to match the front.

Also verified that I have a power slidding rear by folding down the rear seat and saw the electric motor. I need to find the switch though.

While I have the interior out I will pull the dent out of the cab and doors.

In my spare time I will start pulling the body side moulding so that I can start sanding the truck down Plus I have to find a 98ish grille that I can paint to match like I want.

The front bumper will be swapped for a smooth chrome bumper.

Also I decided to paint where I was going to do black do in bedliner as I live on backroads and I will be driving down roads that have lots of rocks so that will protect the lower enough that my paint won't get chipped up since I will have a wide stance.
Tryin to decide weather to paint the shell black or match it in gun metal gray metallic.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hey -

Thanks for the heads up with Bills Machine Shop. Got my quote today from them, and am going that route. Very reasonable pricing and uses top quality rebuild kits.

Reaction score
No problem. Looks like I will be seeing him soon also.

Put a battery in Victoria and started her up and the engine has a rod knocking won't idle at all, throwing flames and backfiring through the intake and exhaust. The motor is gone. On top of that transmission is shot I am pretty sure only way to get the truck to move was rev it way up in neutral and drop her in gear which I know is bad but doubt it is any worse then it was.

Motor will have to come out and see if it is rebuild able. Not sure what the plan is now got to think things through. Transmission hopefully is rebuildable.
It is nothing like it was the day I checked the truck out.

Reaction score
Been doing some thinking and just thought maybe I am not getting a rod knock maybe a spark knock or similar.
I was quick to assume as that was the reason I blew up my fords old 302.

It didn't start knocking till I had the engine revving for quite a while maybe I heated it up to much.

Going to check compression as I am reading it is a common problem head gasket and I have similar symptoms.

Also gas is very old even though I put some fresh gas in I may need to drain the system seafoam and put new gas in.

Timing is probably off hence the backfiring and throwing flames.

The truck does have a vacuum leak which would explain the dieing and not being able to idle.

Hopefully I wasn't stupid (well I know I was stupid but you know what I mean) drop shifting her into gear and didn't ruin the transmission.

Depending how crazy work is today maybe when I get home I will pull compression.

Reaction score
Got very little work done on the chevy on my 3 day weekend the ford took a lot of my time with the pain in the rear exhaust system.

The crankcase breather was broken on the truck before I picked up a small filter and put it on as a crankcase breather and vacuum capped the line from the TBI unit. It works good and it seemed to help the truck a little but still really need to get the old bad gas out. It definatly is not a rod knock as it isn't knocking the last two times I started her.

Got a manual for her to so I can figure out timing and such.

On another note I had her running the other day great for a little bit and put her in gear and she drove great then I stalled it trying to put her in 4x4 (she was parked on ice) and she started running terrible again almost sure of a bad gas and timing off. Still got to check compression just been a crazy week luckily I have a 4 day weekend starting Wednesday so I can get work done on this truck and finish the LED light install on the Ford plus got to help dad install a roll bar on our 92 F150 and install lights, do a compression check on it, insall a headache rack on my brother's Ford, and do a compression check on my other brother's truck maybe start it since I have never done that before since we got it about a year ago. Also got to install fuel pumps on the 92 F150 and if I get all that done got to do some more motor work on my brother's truck (the one with the headache rack) LOL. So ya I have a lot of things I need to take care of.