Outlaw 190 proof's Victoria 89 K2500 build and picture place

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well I figure I better start this thread now before it ends up like my Ford which took 3 days to catch up when I started it late and I missed a lot of things. I want to break the posts up a bit so they aren't extemly long like my Fords build thread is.

So first is about the truck:
I bought Victoria from a previous co-worker of mine. He bugged me about buying it for probably 4 or 5 good months but to me the original price wasn't right. He originally wanted $400 and I wasn't really looking for an older Chevy truck I really wanted a powerstroke. In about 3 months I came to my senses that a powerstroke wasn't the truck for me and I started looking at his Chevy. Then we finally agreed on $150 with tittle in hand.

The truck was originally bought by his dad whom passed away and left my coworker this truck and a 90s 4runner.

The truck was used as a wood truck but his dad liked to keep the drivetrain in great shape not so much the body and interior (typical of a truck out here either good drivetrain bad body or bad drivetrain good body.)

She is a 89 Chevy K2500 4x4 ECLB 350 5.7L TBI TH400 with a 3 1/2" stainless steel glasspack exhaust with no cats. All emissions crap deleted. She has a power drivers manual passenger side 40/20/40 with fold down console seat out of a newer chevy (need uplosthered). She has a 3.73posi SF 14bolt rear.

She runs but the battery is so toast it is sad. None of the tires or wheels match, dent in the passenger door and cab. Fender is pushed in from drivers door grabing on it sagging doors. passenger fender has a dent by the busted grille. Tailgate handle clips are broken. Slight crease in the bed on the passenger side. Dent in the hood.
All the dents should come out with a little elbow grease minus the one in the hood which I will be replacing.

Most will think this truck is just scrap but that's what I do is take cheap ready to go trucks and fix them up to what I want. This one will be the most expensive/most gone through truck yet and she will take a lot of time to do.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Ok so this post will be of the pics of her
got to do two posts I guess. Pic of me with her is to also show the current low stance I am 5'7" so ya it is low. My head is just by the top of the rear cab window.

Reaction score
Second set of pics. Where the white gauges are will turn into a plate that holds 4 gauges a trans temp, voltmeter, oil pressure, and water temp in the same size and design.That is mud not rust on the exhaust system.

Reaction score
Ok so now plans this one will probably be a longer post:

First thing is the engine as I want to get it running perfect and drive it as is for a while till I can get money saved up for the rest.
Hopefully a tune up, new battery, fluids change and compression check will be all. Co-worker was the one whom didn't do regular maintenance luckily he didn't drive it much. I may just go right into the rebuild since it is a high mileage engine and it leaks oil.

Plans for engine when I rebuild it:
bored the least possible but at least .030 over. I would prefer not to go to .060 otherwise I will probably look for a new block.
new stock style hypertetic pistons with moly rings
all new sealed power bearings (love sealed power bearings)
cloyes timing set double roller
full felpro perma torque gasket kit. I prefer these gaskets
trick flow throttle body spacer
ultimate tbi mods
MSD coil
long tube headers (when I do this new muffler probably dual out flowmaster)
full 12point ARP bolts
possibly edelbrock intake manifold (not sure yet)
Comp 12-365-4 cam and lifters
either trick flow Super 23 195 cylinder heads 64cc combustion chamber CNC or vortec heads. Depends if I can find vortec heads or not.
possibly some new valve covers and timing cover to enchance looks.
I would like about 350hp and decent torque. Truck will be a long distance driver, sometimes drive to work, and do quite a bit of towin our 16ft flatbed when I can't take one of the work trucks.

Interior:
New black headliner
custom upholstered black seats
vinyl floors (truck will see mud and snow so want it easy to clean out)
dye everything a dark gray
2 10 or 12" subs
dual amps
new speakers in the back and dash and doors if possible
new deck not sure yet if I want a flip up screen or just regular deck yet like my ford
I will do my own wiring I don't want any issues with it not sure how strong the stock wiring is and I listen to my music a little loud.
Full LED lighted cluster and interior.
LED lights under dash and a few other spots so I can see at night. Hopefully dad will let me have the ones in one of our work trucks.

Exterior
install my Brahma shell and get rid of the Brahma sticker on the back and install one that says either "Hick Hop for life" or "Rebel Core for life" in confederate flag letters (I know a lot may get ticked off about this but I don't want to start a fight on here about it)
LED tail lights black background style
50" LED light bar on the roof over the windshield
Gun metal gray paint with black on the flares and lower body line
Spray in liner for when shell is off going to wrap it over the side of the bed to the top body line
either remove or paint black the rear tailgate panel
97 grille painted to match with chrome or polished billet insert
ANZO Halo HID black background clear lens headlights
tint the windows darkest leagal
paint to match handles
trailer tow mirrors or the smaller mirrors you see on 1500s mostly
3" body lift
new chrome front bumper (not sure diesel one with lights or regular yet) no moulding
Black custom pre runner front style bar for lights but not a huge one
45*ed tail pipes with slash chrome tips
Moulding delete
some sort of steps so me and anybody can get in her
2" cowl hood for looks
Black grille emblem

Drivetrain:
6" lift (hopefully 9" is enough for 37s to be able to flex with no rubbing)
37 12.5 18 pro comp xterrain tires on 18x10 fuel throttle black with machined look middles -12mm offset 5" backspace
1" hub centric wheel spacers (will give me approximately -37mm offset)
black chrome locking wheel lug nuts
regear (4.56s be enough for the 350?)
once the TH400 goes either rebuild it or new 700R4 possibly NV4500 swap
possibly SAS if the front doesn't hold up do my crazy driving

I am guessing I am missing a few things. She will probably have around $20K in her but hey it is still cheaper and a lot more truck then a new one that I don't like at all. This thread will take a lot of time to do but frankly between both the Ford and this I should have my own good fleet of trucks.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Just gonna take a few guesses around your potential location - you don't have to tell me if I am right or wrong.

That looks like it could either be on the west side, out in the bushes like around Needles OR that's the east side, near new mexico... like Concho/Saint Johns/Springerville, or possible between Snowflake and Holbrook. Just looks like high desert country that we find in the east/northeast.

Reaction score
Between concho and snowflake 5 miles of dirt road driving everyday 13 miles of highway driving then 2 mlies of city driving for me to get to work everyday. Still part of snowflake though.
I work at the local Dollar general.
I see you are in show low what part?

I can't tell if I have seen your suburban or not.
Do you have a chevy 1500 for sale?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I'm near the high school. I think I know exactly (in the general area) where you are at. My in-laws live out there; passed the stanford store, left on/near Hillcrest?
You've probably seen me around - I've had my truck out there now and then.

There is a c1500 in snowflake that I'd really like to get my hands on, 89 5 speed RCSB.

Reaction score
not sure where the Stanford store is.
I think I have seen your truck at Big O or discount a few times.

Both my brother's have their eyes on two Chevys.
One 89ish for $300 RCSB no engine 4x4
other is a 94 K1500 in show low 4x4 $700 on craigslist.

I personally run around in a white ford F150 88 with black flares around town otherwise if I go to show low my dad and I take mom's 14 silver chevy spark or our 04 Gmc envoy XUV white and a little beat up but that 5.3L can be fun at times.

I saw in your thread you are rebuilding your engine possibly. Talk to Ken at Bills machine shop or Aaron there. They are good at what they do. Helped me rebuild my 302 in my 88 F150 and I will be bringin' my 350 in here to them to be machined and everything.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
not sure where the Stanford store is.
I think I have seen your truck at Big O or discount a few times.

Both my brother's have their eyes on two Chevys.
One 89ish for $300 RCSB no engine 4x4
other is a 94 K1500 in show low 4x4 $700 on craigslist.

I personally run around in a white ford F150 88 with black flares around town otherwise if I go to show low my dad and I take mom's 14 silver chevy spark or our 04 Gmc envoy XUV white and a little beat up but that 5.3L can be fun at times.

I saw in your thread you are rebuilding your engine possibly. Talk to Ken at Bills machine shop or Aaron there. They are good at what they do. Helped me rebuild my 302 in my 88 F150 and I will be bringin' my 350 in here to them to be machined and everything.

I got word about Bills Machine Shop, but you can't really find reviews for small towns like ours. I don't talk to many folk who are into vehicles so no word of mouth either. I'll def give them a call though - thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
No problem. So far they have bored a 460 of my brother's, a 351 for sisters mustang, a 302 for my 88, an engine for our generator, and I probably am missing something.

Don't go to the guy in Holbrook he doesn't know what he is doing I could tell just by talkin to him.

I hate that I can't find anybody around here whom actually wants to fix trucks up around here good news is though I can find parts easier.