OUt of ideas here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you tighten the dist down, are you sure that the dist isn't turning while your tightening the fork down?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as far as I know there's nothing to dial in on these, it's set it to zero and that's it the computer does the rest, now the old hei's yes it takes awhile to get it right.

The reason it runs like poop once plugged in is because you are trying to trick the computer. I did the same with mine, better power and such but it started having this bad miss and stumble to it once hot and got worse the more I advanced it. Mines still a bit advanced so I need to set mine back to zero.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna reset the timing to 0, I guess I can check it real quick tomorrow by unhooking the EST wire and seeing where I'm at. I hadn't thought about the dist turning while I'm tightening the bolt.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Thanks for replying anyway, the problem turned out to be the balancer mark was a lil off. I crawled under the truck and used a bottle of whiteout and marked it real good and retimed it...ran like a champ.