Opinion on these headers for a tbi 5.7 in 95 k2500 pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the idea of them since it's hard to get long tubes for newer obs trucks. However the only thing I don't like is how they join into one exhaust exit. I'm more of a true dual type of guy on any car or truck that has a full exhaust system. True duals sound better in my opinion. Other than that there isn't anything wrong with them, my opinion isn't gonna be the same as others. At the end of the day it's your choice.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the idea of them since it's hard to get long tubes for newer obs trucks. However the only thing I don't like is how they join into one exhaust exit. I'm more of a true dual type of guy on any car or truck that has a full exhaust system. True duals sound better in my opinion. Other than that there isn't anything wrong with them, my opinion isn't gonna be the same as others. At the end of the day it's your choice.
It's a 95 tbi truck in swapping motors in. I've got 3 y pipes that are all junk and the truck has nothing for exhaust now. I wanted stainless long tube headers and with the y pipe they come with i can add a muffler and turn it out the right side and be done. Plus it looks like there are 4 o2 bungs in the pipes.
My 99 sub i used aftermarket h pipe with no cats and a duel kit out behind both tires. Stock manifolds. It sounds good but the price of those parts almost doubled in last 2 years. I was going to do that with this truck but didn't want to spend that much.
300 for these headers didn't seem to bad

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
understandable. I have a 97 c1500 I bought headers for 150 and then the rest of the exhaust done at an exhaust shop for 540 dollars and some change. I removed the cats whenever I installed the headers and what I have is true duals from the motor to the back of the truck, not sure what kind of Flowmaster but 2 smaller Flowmasters. I originally had them come out behind the wheels but since I lowered my truck there was clearance issues so they moved it straight out the back.

Anyways.. If your going with one pipe out of the side if the truck then that would be perfect for you. like I said I more of a true duals type of guy but that's just me. It'll sound good either way but I just think true duals and a x pipe make stuff on any car sound amazing. I'm also only 16 so I'm gonna like a lot of the "youngster" stuff. unless it's a squatted truck, I hate those lol.

It also depends on what muffler you get since your only running one pipe out of the side but you can pick and choose on those since there's a million different options.

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The $290 price tag gives me pause. A set of long tube headers and Y pipe and it's all 304 stainless? It sounds too good to be true. There's gotta be a catch somewhere.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The $290 price tag gives me pause. A set of long tube headers and Y pipe and it's all 304 stainless? It sounds too good to be true. There's gotta be a catch somewhere.
I'm gonna have to agree it's a great price but that's a little fishy I'd you don't ask me

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I refuse to buy car or truck parts that aren't made in America. Chinese stuff never lasts long and most of the time doesn't fit right.