Oops I did it again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well to update this thread – the BlueOx ran into trouble. Last week we went to get a car and it barely made it home. It was missing and had no power, but true to her name she pulled on home. She was throwing codes for EGR, TPS, Knock sensor, and Low voltage on the fuel relay. So I replaced those ( and oddly enough it had good fuel pressure) and it was still missing. I pulled the distributor cap and the distributor was in pieces so I put a new one in. It still ran like crap. So I towed it up to a friends garage and let him have it. He checked everything I did and said it was all good. Then he checked compression and it was down on several cylinders. He pulled the intake He sent me this picture.
You must be registered for see images attach

SO today he pulled the heads. They were frozen to the block. He got the bolts out and the heads refused to budge. At some point before I bought it this engine got real hot. I just went up and took him my life savings and took a couple of pictures.

6 valves are bent one is stuck. The drivers side head gasket was about to blow on all 4 cylinders and the back cylinder on the passengers side was only holding on my a prayer. But the block, and camshaft look perfect. It turns freely and neither the water or the oil were contaminated.

After a lengthy discussion with both him and the wife we decided that the smart money was to fix it since I couldn't buy another truck or even an engine for what the repair will cost. $1600 and it should run like new. I wasn't looking forward to having to put the WarBeast back together and work it again. She is old and tired I think that 400k miles is plenty on a work truck and she has earned her retirement. So by next week I will have the Blue ox back and she will be better than new.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Well to update this thread – the BlueOx ran into trouble. Last week we went to get a car and it barely made it home. It was missing and had no power, but true to her name she pulled on home. She was throwing codes for EGR, TPS, Knock sensor, and Low voltage on the fuel relay. So I replaced those ( and oddly enough it had good fuel pressure) and it was still missing. I pulled the distributor cap and the distributor was in pieces so I put a new one in. It still ran like crap. So I towed it up to a friends garage and let him have it. He checked everything I did and said it was all good. Then he checked compression and it was down on several cylinders. He pulled the intake He sent me this picture.

SO today he pulled the heads. They were frozen to the block. He got the bolts out and the heads refused to budge. At some point before I bought it this engine got real hot. I just went up and took him my life savings and took a couple of pictures.

6 valves are bent one is stuck. The drivers side head gasket was about to blow on all 4 cylinders and the back cylinder on the passengers side was only holding on my a prayer. But the block, and camshaft look perfect. It turns freely and neither the water or the oil were contaminated.

After a lengthy discussion with both him and the wife we decided that the smart money was to fix it since I couldn't buy another truck or even an engine for what the repair will cost. $1600 and it should run like new. I wasn't looking forward to having to put the WarBeast back together and work it again. She is old and tired I think that 400k miles is plenty on a work truck and she has earned her retirement. So by next week I will have the Blue ox back and she will be better than new.

thts ugly man just damn ugly