Oil system cleaned today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Well the guys at work been bragging that this Autocare Detox4 Oil System Lubricant flush **** is so awesome, Jeff at work has a Honda CR-V, he said he did a compression check on his 4 cylinders and they were all over the place, one being like 165, others being around 170, he put that engine flush stuff in, let it run for 30 mins, drained oil, refilled then checked compression again, all 4 cylinders were at 180.

So I tried it today, with my truck having 240k miles, I let it get to normal operating temperature, shut it off, pulled 1 plug at a time and did compression test, ALL were at 195. Then I ran the oil system cleaner for a whopping 45 mins, drained it, put new oil and filter on, Ran it, checked compression again, still all at 195, Im not unhappy about it, 195 is awesome compression for all them miles, plus the oil was blacker then sin and was sludgy. I plan to run it again next oil change, the stuff is like 25 bucks a can though.

Ive been trying to get my oil pressure up different ways, I figured that would clean my pickup screen and make a difference, it didnt really do anything with oil pressure, but it might be my cluster.

Once I figure out a way to get the damn sender unit off, I will run a mechanical gauge.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Long time no see Sir!

I'll have to give that stuff a shot.
Do you think the screen might've gotten clogged (from this procedure)? You didn't mention any issues afterwards but it's something to think about.

-Truckin-

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your oil pressure now? Just because it's not 60 all the time is not a big deal really. Mine hardly ever gets to 60, esp when it's up to temp. I have 244k...

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems like something we should try on the red truck, so what do you do? just dump this crap in and let it run its coruse

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah mine idled when cold at ~45, when warm it used to idle with 32 and you'd get a constant lifter chatter with 10w30, started using 20w50 and it stayed around 50 at cold idle and 40 at warm idle. For the last 2 years, been using standard oil with the seasonal weight changes(35 during winter, 40 during fall and spring, and 50 during summer). If I use 30 during winter, I'll get a slight bit of lifter noise, so I mix it thicker(4 quarts of 30/4 quarts of 40) to cushion the worn lifters.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
my **** rattles at start up until june. then its gone till november. LOL i'd like to run some engine cleaner and clear out all the BS anyway

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
You pour it in the crank case and let it run for 10-20 mins, I did mine for 45, then you drain it right after. My oil pressure seems lower than it should be at this point. Im going to pull the pan and clean the screen.